Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A NEW THING


So I've found myself working on this exhibit titled Warren Selig: Textile per se which will be opening at the Decker and Meyerhoff galleries at the Maryland Institute College of Art on December 4th. I'll be designing, curating and writing the literature for display cases in the library that will showcases rare books from Warren Selig's personal collection. I saw a few of them yesterday and was totally floored. They're all about textile, dying, weaving, you name it having to do with cloth and they are gorgeous. I'm really excited to be working on this project with the prodigious head of the MICA fiber department and if you live in the area you should come to the show in December! This is some of Warren's work for future reference.

No comments:

Post a Comment